Personal Management Competence
This seminar is about developing competent conversational skills and a confident appearance. It will help you improve even further your management competencies.
3 + 3 days.
This 2 x 3-day program does a deep-dive into two central topics of personal management competence. Part 1 concentrates on the topic of social and emotional competence, the effect you have as an executive on employees, colleagues, your superiors, customers and third parties. Part 2 focuses on rhetoric, negotiation techniques and leading meetings.
WHO SHOULD TAKE PART
- Executives who are willing to question their own knowledge of rhetoric and their ability to use it
- Managers and junior staff seeking to further develop the impact they have at work
WHO BENEFITS FROM THIS PROGRAM
You will experience your own personal competence when it comes to rhetoric, negotiating skills, leading meetings, how you come across to others and the impact you have on them. We will help you recognize your own deficits and teach you how to improve them. You'll learn how to move with confidence and how to inspire others with your enthusiasm and motivational skills. And you will add to your skill set a talent that is important everywhere – how to lead employees. How to be assertive in a likeable way. How to be convincing during negotiations. How to achieve the desired results in meetings with customers.
TOPICS COVERED IN PART 1
The First Impression
- How people judge others
- Consciously and unconsciously assessing others
- The first impression. What happens exactly?
- How do other people see me?
The Question of Image
- Body signals given off by executives accustomed to success and those still seeking success
- People with success potential – how they gesture, walk, stand and sit
- Using eye-contact to your advantage
- Executive's self-image and the image he or she has of others
Getting to Know Yourself
As part of this program you will negotiate, convince others, arbitrate disagreements, give speeches, evaluate your employees, talk on the telephone, reassure customers and communicate your company externally. During this process, you will be observed and get helpful criticism from the other participants.
Charisma and Impact
Your image does not say who you really are, but how you are seen by others. You'll probably never have as much feedback about your social skills, as you will in this seminar.
TOPICS COVERED IN PART 2
Rhetoric and Negotiation Techniques
- How to use language like a professional
- Communicative competence
- How to structure and design a speech
- Rhetoric and word choice
Leading a Discussion
- Leading a discussion in a results-oriented way
- The right way to answer objections
- How to keep calm and focused on the objectives of the discussion
Coming out a Winner at Conferences and Meetings
- Spoken and unspoken expectations
- How to behave during a difference of opinion
- Manipulation and psychological warfare – the right way to react to them
- Techniques of argumentation in the business world
- Proven ways to deal with barriers to communication
- Conscious escalation and de-escalation
- Body-language signals
Convincing your Business Partners
- Getting your negotiation goals accepted by your business partners during meetings
- Skillfully guiding difficult negotiations
- Knowing all the tricks, fending off unfair attacks
When you promote men and women of your staff, it will help if you approve their participation in our junior program first. In a briefing, you tell us what exactly your employee needs to develop. We meet with the participant and give you feedback about this. We then give you a promotion proposal and the St. Gallen talent-promotion tool for implementing your own talent management. [more...]