General Management for Executives
Gives you current knowledge, the latest insights and ideas about sustainable, motivation and success-oriented general management methods. 5 days.
Managing a company or business unit comes with big responsibility. The skills you need to do this, however, must be learned. This seminar is an interesting four days that will help take your management skills to the next level by doing a deep-dive into subjects vital to good corporate management – like holistic corporate management, strategy, strategic marketing, effectiveness and communication.
WHO SHOULD TAKE PART
Executives and top managers and people intended for these positions.
- CEOs, members of the management board, board of directors
- Managing directors, directors
- Department heads, business-unit managers
- Heads of key areas of a business
- Managers in a department
WHAT THE SEMINAR COVERS
Understanding Corporate Management
- Variety and complexity as a reality of executive management
- The St. Gallen Management Model as instrument of holistic management
- Good management – implementing little that is really consistently productive
Recognizing Changes and taking Advantage of Opportunities
- Taking trend reversals and discontinuity seriously at an early stage
- Integrating changes into potential new business models
Effective Corporate Management
- Mission, vision, company policy
- Core business – how to manage cash cows and new business activities
- How to deal with losses – turnaround or cutbacks?
- Innovation and business development – business of the future
- Core competencies – where can we be better than the competition?
- Excellence in day-to-day operations – processes, culture and key players who are motivated
- Establishing a market position with competitive advantages
- Using market and industry dynamics to your advantage
- Developing future-oriented strategic positioning
- Finding the best strategy for companies, business divisions, operative areas
- Structure and process management
- Change management – skillful implementation of changes
- IT and communications as driver of business success
- Company image, company brands
- Reputation, brand strategy and optimal use of brand DNA
- Forming a communication structure for your company
- Instruments of internal communications
- Communicating with the media, crisis communication
- Actively utilizing communication opportunities
When you promote men and women of your staff, it will help if you approve their participation in our junior program first. In a briefing, you tell us what exactly your employee needs to develop. We meet with the participant and give you feedback about this. We then give you a promotion proposal and the St. Gallen talent-promotion tool for implementing your own talent management. [more...]