Management of a Family-Owned Business
The family-owned company as a model for success. Safeguarding the company’s future.
4 days plus 1 day coaching.
In this seminar, our professional lecturers show how a family-owned company can be managed in a holistic and sustainable way. Using the latest and best knowledge about successful general management techniques, they demonstrate what you need to use your existing business even better and to recognize future business early enough to skillfully build upon it. As a participant you will get valuable tips and suggestions for optimizing your personal effectiveness and management performance. And you'll get valuable insights into financial controlling and financial management. On the last day of the seminar you'll get a holistic deep-dive into the topics of general management, strategy, effectiveness and the latest requirements of family-owned companies.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE
- Owners of small and mid-sized companies
- CEOs and executive board members of large family-owned companies
- Executives with wide-ranging company responsibility
General management – Good Corporate management
- How to assess a company's situation correctly
- Recognizing trends and developments and assessing their importance correctly
- Making necessary changes in course to defend and expand the core business
Strategy – Finding the right Futures
- The importance of a good strategy for the future of a company
- Rules of strategic management
- How to work out a strategy that promises success
- How to look for new business models, and to build new growth and new profit potential
Leadership and Effectiveness
- The significance of good leadership
- Leader qualities – which ones are needed?
- The effectiveness of management
- How to optimize the performance and motivation of staff through good leadership
- Financing the company
- How to secure liquidity at all times
- How to maintain and increase profit margins
- Increase the profitability of your company
- Steering profitability from the perspective of investors
- Optimizing capital commitment in the company
- Policies for reserves, risk and dividends
Using the strengths of a Family-owned Company
- What should characterize a family-owned company
- Where are the company's special strengths
- How a family-owned company should use it strengths in a targeted way
- What things should a family-owned company do that is different than other forms
- How can thinking long-term, instead of short-term profit maximization, can mean a competitive advantage over corporations and listed stock companies
Part 1: Seminar
Seminar – The family-owned company as model for success. Strategic management and safeguarding the company's future. 4 days.
Part 2: Private Coaching
One day in a private, individual session at our Executive Center in Zurich. It lets you come up with ways to implement your new ideas in company-specific measures. Can be taken alone or with a max. of 2 other decision-makers from your company (included in fee). Date and time upon request..
When you promote men and women of your staff, it will help if you approve their participation in our junior program first. In a briefing, you tell us what exactly your employee needs to develop. We meet with the participant and give you feedback about this. We then give you a promotion proposal and the St. Gallen talent-promotion tool for implementing your own talent management. [more...]